Want to make a Million with your Blog? Of course you do! How? Add Affiliate Links, and start earning Commissions with your Blog – today. But…how do you add your personalized URL into Images and into words in your articles? Yet again, it’s easy – once you know how! Yes!
What Is An Affiliate LInk?
It’s your ticket to your First Million, and then your Second Million too! An affiliate link is a unique identifying URL that Affiliate Programs assign to you personally when you join their Affiliate Program.
If you learn how to add your links from a number of affiliate programs, and learn how to market your Affiliated products effectively, you can make really big bucks. In fact Affiliate Marketing is one of the most popular and profitable ways to make money online.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is a way for blog owners to make money online by selling other people’s products for a commission on sales. Here’s a basic over-view of how it works:
1. You sign up for a company’s Affiliate Program.
2. The Affiliate Program gives you a unique URL that links your name and account details to their products.
3. You write riveting articles that encourage, persuade, convince, bludgeon your readers into wanting to buy the Products made and sold by your Affiliate’s website.
4. You very helpfully embed (add) your personal link to that Affiliate program’s products into a word, or line of text, or image in your article. This allows your readers to click on that link to the Affiliate’s products from your website. This means they are using your link.
5. When your readers click on that link from your website with your personal Affiliate URL already embedded in it, and then go on to buy a product from that Affiliate, the Affiliate pays you a Commission. Easy, right?
Your Unique Affiliate LInk is Your Secure Ticket to Mega Stardom & Untold Wealth!
Disclosure: ‘Untold Wealth’ could be anything from 2 cents to 2 Million – that’s exactly why it’s called ‘untold’ . Neat, eh?
But I digress…..That personal identifying URL link that you have already embedded into the word, line of text, or added to an image on your blog, automatically tells the Affiliated Company that you were the person who sent them that sale. This means that the company ‘knows’ that you are the person who should receive the Commission on that sale.
Commissions, of course, come in all shapes and sizes, but it’s all good, honest, well earned cash. It sounds like an easy way to make money online, but to do it successfully there’s lots of information and selling tactics that need to be understood.
But, before you can make even your first cent from Affiliate Marketing, you need to know how to add your affiliate links into Texts and Images.
First, I’ll explain how to add Affiliate Link URLs to Text, and then how to add Affiliate Links to Images. Lastly, I’ll cover how to add Affiliate Banners into a Post or sidebar using your Affiliate’s HTML Code. (Don’t panic, not all HTML is scary )
For a more detailed step by step article on How to Add Affiliate Banner Ads To Your Blog using HTML Code, see: How To Add Banner Ads To Your Blog.
How to Add Affiliate Link To Text
1. Using your mouse, select your word or couple of words where you want to embed (add) your affiliate link. For example, the phrase: ‘List Building Simplified’. I just typed that, so it has no affiliate link added to it yet. Now I have to select it with my mouse:
2. With your Target/Anchor Word still selected, (List Buliding Simplified in this example) Click on the Insert LInk icon in your rows of Formatting icons, and you will see the ‘Insert/Edit Link‘ drop down box.
- Enter your Affiliate Link URL into the Destination URL text box.
2. Check the Open in New Tab box
3. Click Add Link. All done – Easy as.
Now check out your phrase you tried to add a link to: List Building Simplified. Is it ‘Hot’? Yes! It certainly is! Now we’re cooking with gas – onward friends!
Here’s another example, the word ‘Hostgator’ which has no link added to it yet. I’ve just done that sequence of actions above, with the word ‘Hostgator’ and now that word has my affiliate link added into it. If you click on that link (please do), you will be able to get I month’s Blog Hosting for just 1 cent.
That’s because I’ve already organized a Special Discount Coupon with Hostgator to give my readers the chance to get an almost free ‘One Month Free Trial’ of the best Blog Hosting you can get on the internet.
I use ‘Hostgator’ myself and have found that it deserves its No 1 Ranking for Web Hosting Services.
How Do I Get The One Month For 1Cent Website Hosting Deal?
If you click on the link, ‘Hostgator’ and add the words ’1 CENT’ during signup, you will get one month’s almost free web-hosting. That means you get an almost-free trial, and can see if you like blogging at almost no cost. After your 1 month of full access, you can choose to continue blogging with ‘Hostgator’ or cancel at any time.
Making the decision to start blogging, and getting a Blog Host, is the biggest hurdle for Beginner Bloggers to get over. It’s not difficult to do – it’s the decision to actually ‘do it’ that stops many people from getting into the action. This 1cent starter price takes the financial dis-incentive out of the equation completely.
So if you take the plunge, and take advantage of this One Month Special Offer’ you can ‘suck it and see’ at no cost (‘suck it and see’ is an ancient Aussie saying which, roughly translated means, ”Ave a go, yer mug!’) I think that if you sign up for 1 month’s free blogging, you will never look back.
How to Add Affiliate LInk to Images
This is slightly more tricky, but not difficult once you know how.
Here is a graphic I found at the website of one of my own personal blogging gurus (I only have 3 people I would call my blogging gurus, so this guy is worth checking out), which I saved with a screen shot, which I can upload using the WordPress Upload Image tool:
There is no link embedded or added to this image yet.
Now I’ll go through the process of uploading it again, but this time, I’ll be adding my Become a Blogger Affiliate link into it.
First I upload the unlinked image into the WordPress Visual Editing Screen again (because this is a demo). Then:
1. Left click on the image in your WordPress Visual Editor screen.
2. Left Click on the blue Edit Icon that becomes visible at the top left hand corner of your image after you’ve clicked on the image while it is in the Visual Edit Screen on your Dashboard.
3. Delete the Link URL that was automatically added in the Link URL text box: see arrow below
4. Paste the URL of your Affiliate Link that you got from your Affiliate, into that blank Link URL box.
5. Click Update.
All done! Easy As! Now I have added my Become a Blogger Affiliate link to the image you see below. That is how you add a link to an image – any image.
Using this method, you can add any link to any image that you find anywhere. For example any image you upload to your blog, including images you purchase, or photos you take yourself, or photos you find at Flicker (Attribution License).
Ninja tip: you won’t get sued for copyright violation if you stick to those 3 sources for all your images.
If you are able to design your own forms or banners, you can use this ‘Add Link to Images’ method, to add your personalized Affiliate Link into them, or a Link to a download page or any other type of link you choose.
How To Add Affiliate Banner Ads With HTML Code Supplied By Affiliate Program
Many Affiliate Programs you join will provide you with a selection of Banner Ads of various shapes and sizes that you can use on your blog. These Banner Ads will have your personal Affiliate Link already added to them by the Affiliate Company’s software.
If you want to use one of these Banner Ads, you need to take the HTML for your personalized Banner Ad that they give you, and upload that HTML into your post or widget – you don’t need to go through the same process as above.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Affiliate Programs provide you with the HTML Code for ready-made Banner Ads. They will give you the Banner Ad in the form of HTML Code, after you have joined their Affiliate Program.
HTML Code is a computer language that computers and geeks understand. The rest of us (like me) do research, and follow instructions whenever we need to use HTML (I’m working on it, OK?!) .
For example, when you upload the HTML for your Banner Ad into your Post, your computer plus WordPress will automatically translated it so it appears as the Banner Ad Image on your blog. The HTML Code you receive from your Affiliate Program will already have your Affiliate Link URL included in the HTML. If you scan through the HTML Code, you will see it there.
2. Upload your Banner Ad Code by clicking on the HTML Code Tab (which is now unhelpfully called ‘Text’ – Why, WordPress?) at the top right hand corner of your WordPress typing/editing area. It’s the tab that’s next to the Visual Tab, which is what you would normally be using when writing your Posts.
3. Then you locate the place in the Code of your Post where you want to upload the Banner Ad/Image. Place the cursor there by left clicking at that place.
4. Then copy and paste that HTML code into the page of HTML Code
5. Click update, then Click on the Visual tab again at the top right of the screen and you will see you uploaded image as a real Image/Banner. Brilliant! Congratulations!
This Banner Ad will have your Affiliate Link already added to it, so all you need to do now, is just kick back, put your feet up, and wait for the money to come rolling in. Nothin’ to it!
Alright! No excuses now! Go out there and make your fortune with Affiliate Marketing .