Of course it’s true that you don’t need a fully automated email auto response system at all – the almost fully automated Free MailChimp Autoresponder package, allows you to send 12.000 free emails per month – Yes, 12,000! And yes, Free! The free version still allows you to easily manage to build up a list of Email Subscribers, send out really fancy looking HTML Newsletters with links and images, and co-ordinate Email Campaigns. You can do all that perfectly well using the Mailchimp almost fully automated Forever Free Package.
The MailChimp Forever Free Email Service
The MailChimp Forever Free plan allows you to send up to 12,000 Free Emails per month. That’s a lot of free emails.
And Mailchimp does automate almost every part of its Free system, but the Forever Free account does not include the fully automated Autoresponder part – that is the part that you might decide you are prepared to pay for, once you start having big lists, and are setting up complicated Email Marketing Campaigns involving sending automated sequences of emails promoting your blog.
But wait!…..you don’t need to sell the family cow to pay for a fully automated Email auto responder, after all!
You Can Get MailChimp Fully Automated Email Auto Responder for Only 3 Cents Per Email!
MailChimp offers a Prepaid, Pay as You Go service that I’ve not seen anywhere else when researching Email Autoresponders. The Pay as You Go option delivers all the features that are included in the Pay By The Month plan. For Start Up blogs, and anyone who has to watch how much they spend on their promotions, MailChimp’s Pay As You Go plan is perfect.
And……5 minutes ago – no, really!….just 5 minutes ago, I learned that if you (one of my lovely readers ) signs up for a MailChimp account by clicking on this Link: MailChimp, you can be a part of the MailChimp Rewards Program yourself. Today!
MailChimp’s Monkey Rewards Program
- You click on this link: MailChimp
- You open a Mailchimp Emails account of any sort, including a Forever Free account (Free).
- You can start earning Monkey Rewards straight away.
Monkey rewards are cash Discounts on any future MailChimp purchases you might make. You get these Monkey Reward discount Credits when anyone does what you just did (hopefully ) – i.e. when someone clicks on one of your MailChimp links in one of your emails or on your blog, you can potentially earn MailChimp Discount Credits on any purchase you might want to make in the future.
Here’s the best part! It’s Win-Win!
If you (one of my lovely readers) clicks on one of the MailChimp links in this article, and then you go on at some later stage to buy anything from Mailchimp, including $9 worth of Pay As You Go…..I get $30 worth of MailChimp Credits…..but…. you get $30 worth of MailChimp credits too! How good is that? It’s a win-win for everyone.
Here’s the less good part: you (or I) will only earn these Discount Credits if the person who clicked on your link (or my links in this article), buys some Pay as You Go Prepaid Emails or signs up for a Pay By The Month Account – at some time in the future.
That’s only fair. Mailchimp isn’t going to give anyone $30 worth of Free Credits just because someone has signed up for a free account and never purchases anything, ever. But, once that magic first click is in the Mailchimp system, the $30 worth of Credits will be awarded to both people – once that person decides to purchase something from MailChimp – even if it’s only $9 worth of Pay As You Go.
But…back to the real topic of this article:
The MailChimp ‘Pay as You Go’ Pre Paid System
If you are just starting to build your list, and so far, you have only a few subscribers, the Aweber monthly fee of $19 per month, can be a lot to pay for automatically sending out relatively few emails. But it’s possible to purchase MailChimp Prepaids for their fully automated Auto Responder service, that work like stamps for email. They cost 3 cents per email.
You buy them, and use them if and when you need them. They roll over from month to month and never expire. With this Mailchimp Pay As You Go option, you don’t need to worry about squeezing value out of a monthly plan that doesn’t fit your needs. You don’t have to buy the Pay as You Go – the Forever Free service automates almost everything – and what isn’t automated, is very easy to set up yourself.
MailChimp’s Pay As You Go option, is the one great feature of Mailchimp that will probably persuade newbie bloggers to start off building their list of email subscribers with Mailchimp, rather than the Aweber software system. Aweber is considered top of the range for email autoresponders, but it costs more, and doesn’t have a Free option or a Pay As You Go option. And I’m not sure that Aweber is better than Mailchimp, anyway.
Mailchimp’s Pay as You Go option has persuaded me. I might decide to pay more to upgrade to Aweber later, but Mailchimp is where I’ve decided to start. And so far, it’s been perfect. It does everything I need in an Autoresponder Email system, and the Pay as You Go system does not cost very much at all for a smallish list.
Mailchimp Prepaid ‘Pay As You Go’ Pricelist
- $9 buys you 300 emails = 3cents per email – all credits roll over from month to month.
- $30 buys you 1000 = 3cents per email
- $60 buys you 2000 = 3cents per email
- $100 buys you 5000 emails = 2 cents per email.
Do the MailChimp Pay As You Go Math!
- If you have 20 Subscribers and you send out 5 Newsletters a Month – it costs you $3 total
- If you have 30 Subscribers and you send out 5 Newsletters a Month – it costs you $4.50 total
- If you have 40 Subscribers and you send out 5 Newsletters a Month – it costs you $6 total
- If you have 60 Subscribers and you send out 5 Newsletters a Month – it costs you $9 total
Of course, you don’t have to use your prepaid email credits all in one month. They are available to be used whenever you need them – they do not expire.
Once your List has built up to over 60 loyal Subscribers – costing, for example, $9 for 5 Newsletters – you can get an even cheaper rate per email, by upgrading to Mailchimp’s $10 Monthly Payment System, and you have all your Subscriber Lists, Templates, Designs and Delivery Systems, already set up and working.
If you use the Pay By The Month service ($10), you no longer pay ‘per email’, so you can send out dozens of emails, Newsletters, Special Offers for the same price of $10 per month – the cheapest of the Paid Email Auto Responders.
The Pay-By-The-Month Mailchimp AutoResponder Service Price List:
- $10 per month: 1-500 subscribers & unlimited emails – still the cheapest of the paid email services
- $15 per month: 500-1000 subscribers & unlimited emails
- $30 per month: 1000-2500 subscribers & unlimited emails
The 10 Advantages of MailChimp Auto Responder for Start Up Blogs
1. Mailchimp provides a Totally Free almost fully automated Email Response service that allows you to send up to 12,000 free emails per month to a list of up to 2,000 subscribers. That’s a lot of free emails.
No other decent Email Auto responder offers a free Email Responder System.
2. Mailchimp offers a Pay As You Go, Fully Automated Autoresponse System that costs only 3 cents per email. Pay as You Go is perfect for start up blogs with small Subscriber lists. No other email autoresponder offers a pay as you go option.
3. You can change your level of Email Autoresponder account at any time.
4. Mailchimp Auto responder service is easy to use, has pre-designed Templates plus options to help you easily design your own email templates, Subscribe By Email Forms etc. It has HTML software, Images, Links, Newsletter Templates, Sales letters, Optin forms, Squeeze Pages and much more.
5. Mailchimp has lots of tutorials and videos that clearly explain exactly how to do everything.
6. You can send fancy, professional looking HTML emails that include images, live links and various HTML formatting options – without knowing anything about HTML.
7. Mailchimp will automatically generate and send Plain Text versions of your HTML format emails, together with your fancy HTML emails.
8. MailChimp makes it easy to organize your email database.
9. MailChimp has a great win-win Monkey Rewards Program that allows all members to earn Mailchimp Discount Credits on future purchases.
10. Mailchimp has a sense of humor! It’s pretty cheesy, but then we are all budding Big Cheeses anyway, aren’t we?
MailChimp is a great place to start on your journey to mega stardom, untold wealth and an early retirement.
Well? What are you waiting for???
My next articles will cover how to use Mailchimp, including designing and installing a Subscribe by Email Form for your blog.